Corinth, Miss-Joseph Lin McNair, Jr, Alcorn county vendor, pled guilty to false representation to defraud government. McNair received 5 years in the custody of the Mississippi Department of Corrections, placement in the MDOC intensive supervision program, followed by 4 years of post-release supervision, $5,000 in fines, and court costs in the amount of $631.50.
- State Auditor Releases Compliance Audit of the State Auditor’s Office December 10, 2018
- State Auditor Issues $673,000 Demand Against Estate of Former Wilkinson County Chancery Clerk December 3, 2018
- State Auditor Arrests Former Health Department Employee for Embezzlement November 15, 2018
- State Auditor Calls for Internal Auditors, Other Changes to Prevent Embezzlement at Public Universities and Community Colleges November 14, 2018
- Auditor’s Office Arrests Jones County Supervisor for Embezzlement and Fraud October 30, 2018