JACKSON, Miss. – Today Special Agents from the Office of State Auditor Shad White arrested current Humphreys County Chancery Clerk Lawrence Browder after he was indicted for submitting false documents by a grand jury assembled by District Attorney for the 21st District Akillie Malone-Oliver. Browder was issued a demand letter for $279,764.16 at the time of his arrest. Interest and investigative expenses are included in the demand amount.
- Auditor Makes Two Arrests in Smith County in Separate Cases November 1, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Mayor of Aberdeen for Embezzlement October 31, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Former District Attorney Employee and Former Deputy Tax Collector After Separate Investigations October 3, 2019
- Auditor’s Report Shows Disregard for Cyber Security in State Government October 1, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Supervisor in Newton County September 26, 2019