JACKSON, Miss. – Today Special Agents from the Office of State Auditor Shad White arrested current Humphreys County Chancery Clerk Lawrence Browder after he was indicted for submitting false documents by a grand jury assembled by District Attorney for the 21st District Akillie Malone-Oliver. Browder was issued a demand letter for $279,764.16 at the time of his arrest. Interest and investigative expenses are included in the demand amount.
- Jones County Supervisor Arrested for Embezzlement November 22, 2021
- Deputy Clerk Arrested for Embezzlement in Lamar County November 18, 2021
- Auditor’s Statement on Demand Letters for Misspent Welfare Money November 16, 2021
- Auditor’s Office Makes Two Arrests in Separate Hinds County Cases November 10, 2021
- Auditor Arrests Former Rankin County Deputy Tax Collector for Embezzlement November 4, 2021