JACKSON, Miss. – Today Special Agents from the Mississippi Office of the State Auditor arrested former employee of the Lowndes County Health Department Phyllis Welch after she was indicted for embezzlement by a grand jury assembled by District Attorney for the Mississippi 16th District Scott Colom. Welch was also issued a demand for $4,102.68, which includes interest and investigative costs.
- Auditor’s Office Begins New Year with Momentum from Concluded Investigations January 3, 2020
- Mississippi Outpaces Southern States in Outside-the-Classroom Spending November 18, 2019
- Former Warren County Bookkeeper Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement November 12, 2019
- Auditor Makes Two Arrests in Smith County in Separate Cases November 1, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Mayor of Aberdeen for Embezzlement October 31, 2019