JACKSON, Miss. – Today Special Agents from the Mississippi Office of the State Auditor arrested two former employees of the City of Moss Point, Kenya Bowens and Lakeshia Benton, after both were indicted for embezzlement by a grand jury assembled by outgoing District Attorney for the 19th District Anthony “Tony” Lawrence. At the time of arrest agents issued Bowens and Benton separate demand letters for over $30,000 cumulatively, which includes interest and investigative costs.
- Auditor’s Office Given High Marks in Peer Review September 16, 2021
- Auditor Makes Arrest and Issues Demand Letter in Jones County September 14, 2021
- Auditor Arrests Woman Accused of Stealing from Needy Schoolchildren August 16, 2021
- Auditor Releases Annual Exceptions Report August 9, 2021
- Audit of Federal Money in Mississippi Released by State Auditor August 2, 2021