JACKSON, Miss. – Today State Auditor Shad White announced Special Agents from his office, along with officers from the Warren County Sheriff’s Office, arrested former Warren County Tax Collector’s office bookkeeper Paula Hunt. Hunt was arrested for embezzlement by a public official after she was indicted by a grand jury assembled by District Attorney for the 9th District Richard Smith, Jr. Hunt also received a demand letter for $165,329.98 at the time of her arrest. All interest and investigative costs are included in the demand amount.
- Auditor Makes Two Arrests in Smith County in Separate Cases November 1, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Mayor of Aberdeen for Embezzlement October 31, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Former District Attorney Employee and Former Deputy Tax Collector After Separate Investigations October 3, 2019
- Auditor’s Report Shows Disregard for Cyber Security in State Government October 1, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Supervisor in Newton County September 26, 2019