JACKSON, Miss. – Today Auditor Shad White announced Special Agents from his office have arrested former City of Philadelphia Court Clerk Karen Refre and former City Clerk of Okolona Rebecca Moore after both were indicted for embezzlement in separate cases. A demand letter worth $25,746.59 was issued to Refre at the time of her surrender, and a demand worth $17,295.57 was delivered to Moore before she was transported to prison. Each demand amount includes investigative costs and accrued interest.
- Auditor White Appoints New Leadership in Investigations Division July 26, 2021
- Former Mayor of Moss Point, Wife Sentenced in Federal Court for Committing Fraud July 22, 2021
- New Superseding Federal Indictments of Nancy New and Zachary New July 15, 2021
- Brittany Ransom is Guilty of Fraud July 12, 2021
- Auditor White Releases Yearly Audit of State Agencies June 22, 2021