JACKSON, Miss. – Today Auditor Shad White announced Special Agents from his office have arrested former City of Philadelphia Court Clerk Karen Refre and former City Clerk of Okolona Rebecca Moore after both were indicted for embezzlement in separate cases. A demand letter worth $25,746.59 was issued to Refre at the time of her surrender, and a demand worth $17,295.57 was delivered to Moore before she was transported to prison. Each demand amount includes investigative costs and accrued interest.
- Auditor’s Office Begins New Year with Momentum from Concluded Investigations January 3, 2020
- Mississippi Outpaces Southern States in Outside-the-Classroom Spending November 18, 2019
- Former Warren County Bookkeeper Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement November 12, 2019
- Auditor Makes Two Arrests in Smith County in Separate Cases November 1, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Mayor of Aberdeen for Embezzlement October 31, 2019