JACKSON, Miss. – State Auditor Shad White announced in today’s Audit Exceptions Report for Fiscal Year 2021 that his office identified nearly 400% more stolen and misspent taxpayer money last year than it did the year before. This comes in addition to the $55.5 million a pharmacy benefit management company has agreed to pay the state after being investigated by the Auditor’s office. The State Auditor’s office also returned nearly $900,000 to taxpayers during the last fiscal year.
- Auditor’s Office Arrests Former Bookkeeper, College Dean in Multimillion-Dollar Workforce Development Fraud Case October 18, 2021
- Auditor’s Office Arrests former Volunteer Fire Department Chief for Embezzlement October 14, 2021
- Auditor Demands Repayment of Misspent Welfare Money October 12, 2021
- Auditor’s Office Makes Arrest for COVID Stimulus Fraud October 5, 2021
- Auditor’s Office Makes Two Arrests in Separate Yalobusha County Cases October 4, 2021