JACKSON, Miss. – On Wednesday, April 4, the Mississippi Office of the State Auditor (OSA) Performance Division released a report focused on failed economic development programs. In the 243 projects discussed, the State of Mississippi has generated more than twelve dollars in return for every one public dollar spent by the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) on economic developments;failed projects represent $185.6 Million in disbursements.
- State Auditor Examines Growth Opportunities from Economic Development Programs and Advises Against Risky Investments by Legislature April 5, 2018
- State Auditor Stacey Pickering and Performance Audit Division Issue $92 Million Demand against Failed “Green Project” Stion Corporation March 27, 2018
- State Auditor Stacey Pickering Puts Cities on Notice to Prepare to Pay Court Assessment Fees to Mississippi Treasury March 12, 2018
- Stacey Pickering Releases Issues Nearly $100k of Demands to Canton Municipal Utilities Commissioners March 8, 2018
- State Auditor Stacey Pickering Releases FY 2017 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for Mississippi March 7, 2018