JACKSON, Miss. – On Tuesday, November 14, 2017, special agents from the Mississippi Office of the State Auditor (OSA) arrested former Biloxi School District Police Chief, Paul Gordon Cannette of Ocean Springs, after he was indicted on one count of embezzlement by a Harrison County grand jury. Cannette was issued a demand of $244,819.78 from OSA, which includes the amount embezzled, interest, and recovery costs.
- Auditor’s Office Arrests Former Biloxi School District Resource Officer November 16, 2017
- State Auditor Issues over $250,000 in Demands and Makes Arrests October 5, 2017
- Stacey Pickering Honored as Member of 2017 Mississippi Top 50 October 4, 2017
- Stacey Pickering Releases Reports Detailing Negligent Oversight and Pattern of Non-Compliance at Mississippi Department of Education September 28, 2017
- State Auditor Releases Cyber Security Best Practices September 25, 2017