JACKSON, Miss. – State Auditor Shad White announced Special Agents from his office have arrested Jan Coleman, former director of the Hazlehurst United Methodist Church Child Care & Preschool, after she was indicted for one count of fraud in connection with a state or federally funded program and one count of embezzlement by a grand jury assembled by District Attorney for the Mississippi 22nd District Alexander Martin. At the time of her arrest, agents delivered a demand letter worth $10,187.53 to Coleman for the cost of the investigation.
- Auditor Makes Arrest in Hazlehurst Child Care Fraud Scheme June 12, 2019
- Auditor Issues Demand Letters to Former Pascagoula City Manager and Comptroller June 5, 2019
- Former City of Moss Point Employees Plead Guilty to Embezzlement June 4, 2019
- State Auditor Issues Over $1.1 Million in Demands and Makes Three Arrests in Coahoma County June 3, 2019
- State Auditor Arrests Former Friendship Volunteer Fire Department Treasurer May 31, 2019