Q May a legislator’s spouse own and operate a licensed package retailer of alcoholic beverages?

A Yes. While alcoholic beverages are offered at wholesale only by the state, they are offered on a “uniform price schedule” to all licensed retailers, thus no violation of the Ethics in Government Act will result. (Miss. Ethics Commission Advisory Opinion No. 12-040-E, dated May 4, 2012)