Q May a county board of supervisors acquire a building located on 16th Section land which is to be used for county purposes?

A Yes. The county would have to negotiate a lease with the appropriate school district, which lease must be for adequate compensation in accordance with state law. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Woodward, dated March 23, 2012)