Q May the tax collector go back several years to change the assessment rolls, pursuant to a board order?

A No. Section 27-35-143 provides that the only prior year for which the assessment rolls may be changed is the immediately preceding year, and such change must be made prior to the time for tax sales. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Shepard dated August 26, 2011)