Q May a municipality donate a surplus property parcel to a local economic development organization pursuant to Section 21-19-44?

A No. Such “donations” permitted to local economic development organizations under Sections 21-19-44 and 21-19-44.1 include donation of funds, use of office space, in-kind services and resources, but these Sections do not provide authority for a municipality to donate surplus real property. (Attorney General’s Opinion to Edwards dated February 18, 2011)