Q Once funds have been legally forfeited by the administrative process set forth in Section 41-29-176 or by a Court Order for use by a local law enforcement entity, what must be done with the funds?

A The funds must be placed in a special fund and budgeted for the use of the law enforcement entity by the board of supervisors or the municipal governing board. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Farris dated April 28, 2006; Attorney Generalís Opinion to Miller dated August 18, 2000; and Attorney Generalís Opinion to Pickett dated July 12, 1991)