Q When a tax assessor modifies the classification of property, which results in a decrease in assessment, is the taxpayer entitled to a refund of prior years’ taxes?

A No. Mere change in valuation or assessment is not “erroneously” paid taxes authorizing a refund under Section 27-73-7. (Attorney General’s Opinion to Tutor issued February 4, 2011)