Q May a public servant, such as a constable, be reimbursed for mileage for attending an Association meeting of which he or she is a member by both the governmental entity he or she serves and the Association?

A No. A public servant may not be reimbursed with public funds if he or she is reimbursed for the expenses by a third party. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Heggins dated October 22, 2010)