Q: Has a bill been passed to authorize a judge to suspend the sentence (or part of) on a case that was previously sentenced?

A: Yes. House Bill 674, effective March 17, 2009 revised Section 21-23-7 for municipal courts and Section 99-19-25 for county courts to allow this action; provided the sentence could have been suspended when*it was originally imposed by the judge*or previous judge; and the case has not been appealed.