Q May a municipality utilize Section 21-33-326 to borrow funds in anticipation of reimbursement by a state agency for costs incurred moving utility lines as a result of bridges being replaced in the municipality?
A Yes. The language in the existing contracts constitutes a binding commitment by the state agency to grant and provide funds to the municipality to reimburse it for the utility relocation projects. (Attorney General’s Opinion to Houston dated May 21, 2010)