Q May a municipality adjust a water bill if water is used to fill up a swimming pool or a pipe bursts in the house?

A A municipality may only adjust a utility bill when it determines that the utility bill charge was due to an unforeseen circumstance and the customer did not receive the benefit of the utility service. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Glidewell dated August 14, 2009)