Q May our municipal housing authority pay for holiday parties and/or meals or retirement gifts for departing employees?

A No. A public housing authority is subject the Constitutional restrictions against additional compensation to a public officer after service rendered (Article 4, Section 96) and against making donations without legislative approval (Article 4, Section 66). (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Bridgforth, February 22, 2019)