Q May a member of a municipal utility board appointed by the board of aldermen donate real property to the city?

A Yes. If the utility board member receives no payment or other consideration from the city, then no violation of Section 109, Miss. Const. of 1890, or Section 25-4-105(2), Miss. Code of 1972, should occur. The board memberís recusal from any matter coming before the utility board concerning the donation should prevent a violation of Section 25-4-105(1). (Mississippi Ethics Commission Opinion No. 18-050-E)