Q We have an economic development district (EDD) that would like to transfer land to the National Guard for construction of an armory. May it be transferred for no consideration, or declared surplus and be conveyed to the county for the county to convey it to the National Guard?

A No and no. Section 19-5-99 provides authority for an EDD to transfer real property only for good and valuable consideration. Legislation would be required to accomplish the desired transfer. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Webb, July 7, 2017)