Q Once a defendant has been charged and his appearance bond set by a Justice Court Judge, who may change the amount or the type of bond?

A There no authority for anyone other than the trial judge or a higher court having jurisdiction and to alter the bond in any fashion. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Little, February 24, 2017)