Q May a county transfer surplus loan proceeds to the general fund or other funds?

A Yes, the funds may be transferred in accordance with Section 27-105-367. If the full balance is no longer needed for the special purpose for which they were intended, the surplus funds may be transferred into the general fund. In order to transfer the surplus funds to a fund other than the general fund, the notice and publication requirements of Section 27-105-367(2) (b) must be met. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to White, April 15, 2016)