Q May a municipality go onto private property and do drainage and ditching work when a private citizen has water retained in a low area, with some runoff coming from the public road?

A The municipality may enter private property, with the permission of the landowner, to clean and/or clear drainage ditches for the purpose of preventing erosion, provided that such work will not solely benefit the landowner. (Attorney General’s Opinion to Sims, October 9, 2015)