Q In a mayor-council form of government municipality, may the city council clerk be bonded? May the city council pass a resolution to authorize the city council clerk to have access to the city financial records?

A While there is no specific statutory authority to bond the city council clerk (as opposed to the city clerk), the council has discretionary authority to bond the council clerk. The council also has discretionary authority to provide access to the city financial records to the council clerk. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Rafferty, October 23, 2015)