Q Are circuit clerks required to issue marriage licenses, and what are the appropriate forms to use?

A Circuit clerks are required to issue marriage licenses and must apply the provisions of Title 93, Chapter 1 to both same-sex and opposite sex couples. Application forms may be modified to remove references which indicate the applicants must be of the opposite sex. (Attorney General’s Opinion to Womack, July 17, 2015)