Q The district needs to renovate and expand athletic field houses, renovate a classroom building, and build a classroom building that includes a band hall (at different schools). May the district borrow from the sixteenth section principal fund to pay the costs of these construction projects under Section 29-3-113?

A Yes. Section 29-3-113 authorizes such borrowing “for the erection, equipment or repair of said district schools. . .” This language authorizes the types of construction and renovation in question. (Attorney General’s Opinions to Young, January 30, 2015)