Q Can the town give away free water services to an individual because he or she lost their home due to foreclosure?

A The municipality may not provide water services at no charge to a private individual, regardless of the individual’s financial status, as per Section 21-27-27. (Attorney General’s Opinion to Custom, July 25, 2014)