Q Our county created a recreational district pursuant to Sections 55-9-21 through 55-9-37. Must the recreational districtís purchases be made through the countyís purchase clerk or may the district commissioners make purchases directly from the vendor?

A Except for purchases exempted under Section 31-7-113 and regulations promulgated by the Department of Audit, any purchases made for the recreational district must be made through the county purchase clerk. The board of commissioners for the district has the authority to make purchases within and as allowed by its budget, but such purchases must be submitted to and made by the county purchase clerk on behalf of the board, and the invoices must be submitted to the county for placement on the claims docket, subject to approval by the board of supervisors. (Attorney Generalís Opinion to Nowak, March 1, 2013)