Q May the son of the chancery clerk/county administrator serve as a vendor to the county?

A No. When claims submitted by the chancery clerk’s son must be processed, reviewed and approved by the purchase clerk, who is appointed and supervised by the chancery clerk/county administrator, an appearance of impropriety will arise under Section 25-4-101, Miss. Code of 1972. (Mississippi Ethics Commission Advisory Opinion No. 13-021-E, March 8, 2013)