Q: Is a recommendation from the Gaming Commission or its executive director needed in order for a district attorney to initiate a prosecution under the bad check laws for a dishonored casino marker?

A: No. A district attorney may initiate a prosecution and/or "assist" complainants in the recovery and distribution of restitution from persons accused of violating Section 97-19-55, the bad check law pursuant to Section 97-19-73.