Q May a municipal board contract with a CPA (or other qualified person) to review records, make reports and observe inventories and cash counts to assure a clear cut off and transfer of responsibility at the end of their term of office?

A Yes. The municipal home rule law set forth in Section 21-17-5 allows actions such as this as part of the care, management and control of municipal affairs, property and finances.