Jackson, Miss – Special Agents from the State Auditor’s Office have served Benjie Coats with a demand totaling $39,341.50. Coats, the former County Administrator for Neshoba County, was indicted on one count of fraud in September.
- Auditor’s Office Reveals Widespread Misspending Practices at Canton Municipal Utilities and Issues Thirteen Demand Letters Worth Over $100,000 October 16, 2018
- Former Treasurer of Lamar County Volunteer Fire Department Arrested for Embezzlement October 11, 2018
- Former Town Clerk of Coldwater Arrested by Local Authorities and Issued $300,000 Demand by Auditor’s Office October 10, 2018
- Richie McCluskey is New Director of Investigations at Auditor’s Office October 1, 2018
- State Auditor Shad White Issues $980,000 Demand for Embezzlement to Two Former Coahoma Community College Employees September 24, 2018