FAYETTE, Miss.- Less than two months after State Auditor Stacey Pickering presented a $200,000 check to the Jefferson County Board of Supervisors, the State Auditor’s Office has recovered an additional $100,000 collected from a bond on behalf of Burnell Harris, former circuit clerk in Jefferson County who admitted to embezzling funds from the county.
- State Auditor Releases Compliance Audit of the State Auditor’s Office December 10, 2018
- State Auditor Issues $673,000 Demand Against Estate of Former Wilkinson County Chancery Clerk December 3, 2018
- State Auditor Arrests Former Health Department Employee for Embezzlement November 15, 2018
- State Auditor Calls for Internal Auditors, Other Changes to Prevent Embezzlement at Public Universities and Community Colleges November 14, 2018
- Auditor’s Office Arrests Jones County Supervisor for Embezzlement and Fraud October 30, 2018