JACKSON, Miss. – Today Special Agents from the Mississippi Office of the State Auditor arrested former employee of the Lowndes County Health Department Phyllis Welch after she was indicted for embezzlement by a grand jury assembled by District Attorney for the Mississippi 16th District Scott Colom. Welch was also issued a demand for $4,102.68, which includes interest and investigative costs.
- Auditor Uncovers One of the Largest Embezzlement Schemes in Past Decade February 13, 2019
- Auditor’s Office Returns over $350,000 to Mississippi Taxpayers February 4, 2019
- Auditor Issues Embezzlement Demand to Former Mississippi Board of Animal Health Employee January 23, 2019
- Humphreys County Chancery Clerk Arrested for Embezzlement January 15, 2019
- Auditor’s Office Launches Project to Improve Efficiency and Eliminate Waste at Department of Transportation January 14, 2019