JACKSON, Miss. – On Monday, August 7, 2017, the Mississippi Office of the State Auditor issued a demand of $795.36 against Town of Coldwater Public Works Supervisor, Wayne Hayes. He was indicted for purchasing parts for a personal vehicle with city funds and was arrested by OSA Special Agents and charged with embezzlement. The demand issued includes investigative costs and interest.
State Auditor Stacey Pickering said, “We will continue to aggressively fight for every penny stolen from taxpayers.”
- Auditors Arrest Harrison County Assistant Tax Collector July 15, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Former Nurse at Collins Veterans Home July 2, 2019
- Auditor Arrests Former Stone County Utility Authority Employee July 2, 2019
- Auditor Makes Arrest in Hazlehurst Child Care Fraud Scheme June 12, 2019
- Auditor Issues Demand Letters to Former Pascagoula City Manager and Comptroller June 5, 2019