JACKSON, Miss. – On Monday, August 7, 2017, the Mississippi Office of the State Auditor issued a demand of $795.36 against Town of Coldwater Public Works Supervisor, Wayne Hayes. He was indicted for purchasing parts for a personal vehicle with city funds and was arrested by OSA Special Agents and charged with embezzlement. The demand issued includes investigative costs and interest.
State Auditor Stacey Pickering said, “We will continue to aggressively fight for every penny stolen from taxpayers.”
- Auditor Uncovers One of the Largest Embezzlement Schemes in Past Decade February 13, 2019
- Auditor’s Office Returns over $350,000 to Mississippi Taxpayers February 4, 2019
- Auditor Issues Embezzlement Demand to Former Mississippi Board of Animal Health Employee January 23, 2019
- Humphreys County Chancery Clerk Arrested for Embezzlement January 15, 2019
- Auditor’s Office Launches Project to Improve Efficiency and Eliminate Waste at Department of Transportation January 14, 2019