JACKSON, Miss. – On Monday, August 7, 2017, the Mississippi Office of the State Auditor issued a demand of $795.36 against Town of Coldwater Public Works Supervisor, Wayne Hayes. He was indicted for purchasing parts for a personal vehicle with city funds and was arrested by OSA Special Agents and charged with embezzlement. The demand issued includes investigative costs and interest.
State Auditor Stacey Pickering said, “We will continue to aggressively fight for every penny stolen from taxpayers.”
- Outside-the-Classroom K-12 Spending Balloons Despite Fewer Students and Teachers April 17, 2019
- Former Bookkeeper for Oloh Fire Protection District Arrested for Embezzlement April 15, 2019
- Auditor’s Office Returned Over $50,000 to Taxpayers Last Month March 12, 2019
- Board Owes Over $500,000 to Property Owners in North Mississippi March 5, 2019
- Auditor Uncovers One of the Largest Embezzlement Schemes in Past Decade February 13, 2019